Thursday, August 13, 2015

Slow down, mama

We've attempted to take our young, 17-month-old son, to a few "fun" summer events. 

We went, no problems getting there, so I say attempted because we've left before the events have started, each time.  

Our son is a very much a boy. Running, climbing, exploring, curious. He wants to see, touch, smell, climb.. everything. It makes some of these "fun" summer events, not so fun.

I know that one day, he will sit still. He will "enjoy" these things in the ways I'm wanting & expecting him to. But for now, these events are more about chasing & containing him.

After getting home from these events, getting him bathed & ready for bed, I'm more than tired, frustrated even.

Last night, I was pretty frustrated for the way things turned out... then I thought about it a little more & reminded myself to "Slow Down, Mama". This is a season. A very short season I'm sure. There will be plenty of time to sit down.. but for now.. this boy is on the move!


No comments:

Post a Comment